NOW in its 24th year, Fresh International Film Festival encourages young people from Ireland and overseas, aged 7 to 18 years, to create, exhibit and share films. Ireland’s Young Filmmaker of the Year Awards 2020 are giving young filmmakers a platform to shine as the festival looks to a “virtual solution” during the Covid-19 crisis to bring young filmmakers together online. With the cancellation of events and festivals nationwide due to Covid-19, Jayne Foley, Fresh Film and Ireland’s Young Filmmaker of the Year Awards founder said, “The Fresh team at HQ have devised a virtual solution as we have an amazing community of young filmmakers and while we can’t bring them together in one room for now, we can bring them together online. In the spirit of Fresh we want our online activities to connect, inspire and support young filmmakers. “
Films shortlisted for the final were due be screened at Fresh International Film Festival 2020 in Limerick from March 23 to 28 but now because of the Coronavirus outbreak the films of the Festival and Ireland’s Young Filmmaker of the Year Awards have been postponed with screenings and workshops now taking place online. The virtual plan for Fresh International Film Festival 2020 includes:
– Live chats on Facebook and Instagram with award winning young filmmakers
– Screening the Junior finalists and some International films on Wednesday, March 25 On YouTube
– Screening the Senior finalists films on Thursday, March 26 on Youtube
– ‘How to’ videos made by young filmmakers sharing their own skills to inspire new young filmmakers via YouTube and social media. The videos should be energetic engaging and fun
– no swearing please, it can be about anything related to making films such as script development, storyboarding, recording sound, framing a shot, camera techniques, planning the documentary, costumes, editing etc.
Keep an eye on the Fresh Film website and social media channels for updates.
Further details are available from www.freshfilmfestival.com.